The guys have been hard at it and the latest version sould be ready for "thourough" testing by the end of the week. Our aim is to have the new version online round about the middle of september (this year ;) ).
This new version will be quite important as both the front end (reader, editor and site) and the backend (architecture and servers) have been deeply modified.
Among others here are some of the new features:
- Vocal comments: it will be possible to comment oraly each page of a track
- Sharing tracks: it will be possible to mail tracks or post them to blogs, digg, facebook and other such services
- Skins: for each track it will be possible to choose the reader's skin among an increasing set of available ones. Down the road it should even be possible for users to upload their own skins.
- Comments: The tracks comment section will, at last, look good and, most importantly, be convient to use.
- Open APIs for building tracks will be available and we should be soon integrating a service in facebook
- Editing tracks should be simplified and a track's owner will be able to edit the comments directly from the reader (it won't be necessary to go back through the site).
- User profiles on the site will be more interesting...
- The site layout will be enhanced...
- ... and quite a bit more
And that would be what is visible because the back-end has also been reengineered in order to increase stability (even though we have been doing quite well so far) and simplify adding new features down the road.
Up until now we haven't been doing to well regarding news so this is the first post of many. So do stay tuned and do comment as much as you please!!!